- I cup rice flour
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 50g butter
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil /coconut oil for deep fry
- Put all rice flour, chickpea flour, cumin seeds, chili powder, and salt in to a large bowl and mix it well.
- Add melted butter in to the mixture and mix it well.
- Make a soft dough by adding water in to the mixture little by little.
- Heat the oil.
- Place the dough in to the murukku mould and press it in to the hot oil.
(If you do not have a murukku mould you can use the vegetable grater. Make some balls out from the dough and great the dough in to the hot oil.)
- Then cook for 3-4 minutes until it get crispy and golden brown.
- Then remove it from the heat and let it cool on kitchen paper.
- It is ready to serve.